7 TH CENTURY CHURCH AT CHEPPAD,KERALA



Historical records say the church which existed in 7 th century till 11 th century at Harippad Mission Centre has been moved and re built half at cheppad and other half at Karthikapally.
There is an interesting tradition about rebuilding of the church in 11th century connecting it to Karthikapally king and with Kanjoor Valyathan of Kayakulam royal family.
The church is also the resting place of Cheppad Philipose Mar Dionysius, Malankara Metropolitan of Malankara Orthodox Church during 1825 - 1855. The ruler of Travancore issued a Royal Proclamation acknowledging him as Malankara