PALLIPURAM FORT, TRAVANCORE NORTH, 1506, THE OLDEST EUROPEAN FORT/MONUMENT IN INDIA, MADE BY PORTUGESE, LATER SURRENDERED TO DUTCH IN 1563



IN 1789, BY THE DIPLOMACY OF RAJA KESAVDAS, THE DEWAN OF THE TRAVANCORE RAJA,THE FORT WAS BOUGHT FROM THE- -DUTCH
LATER THE LONG WALL ,KNOWN AS NEDUMKOTTA (56 KMS)WAS MADE FROM THIS FORT,NEAR THE SEA, EXTENDING ALL ACROSS THE NORTHERN BOUNDARY OF TRAVANCORE STATE ,TO THE FOOT HILLS OF THE MOUNTAINS IN EAST.